Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thanks and enjoy Kuantan

I would like to say thank you to 110 people from various countries of the world. My gratitude goes to those of you from Malaysia, USofA, Singapore, UK, Australia, Canada, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Qatar, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and China who have logged on to my blog since its creation. I hope you will continue visiting my site and enjoy the variety of topics I will be writing about. Writing is a passion of mine, particularly about sporting events and finals, and also about religious and faith-promoting topics.

My wife's university is closed all of next week due to the H1N1 outbreak and so we decided to go and visit Taman Kejiranan and the Teruntum Zoo in celebratory attitude. We enjoyed the scenery and quiet atmosphere at Taman Kejiranan, although mosquitoes and red ants proved to be an annoying menace.

We then ventured on to the local zoo which is rather poorly maintained, but a little larger than we thought. Our daughter enjoyed the monkeys, ostrich and horses whilst I enjoyed taking this picture of a very old tree...

Finally we enquired at the golf Driving Range opposite the zoo. Maybe next week we will go there in proper golfing attire, which is one of the rules (long pants and collar shirt) so that I can practice driving a basket of 100 balls. I love the feeling of pinging a golf ball a couple hundred yards as it flies off the head. A basket of 100 balls will cost me RM10 with an additional RM5 charge to rent a golf club.

At Taman Kejiranan with my wife and daughter...

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a great picture. It was kind of in an old corner of the zoo and I noticed it as we were watching a monkey swinging across its cage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...