Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Potato and vegetables

This dish was prepared with no oil at all - a healthy meal which also tasted just as good as the lazy alternative of calling McDonalds delivery. Boiled potatoes with broccoli, carrots and celery, garnished with baked beans and a sprinkling of salt, mixed herbs, and a lump of butter according to taste.


Everything is done in one saucepan. The potatoes and vegetables take around 15 minutes to cook, or until the potato is soft, add the vegetables later for around 3 minutes (carrots) whilst the broccoli and celery just need a little dip! The beans take just a few minutes to heat up.




Quick, easy and healthy, it's the perfect meal to prepare especially with young children anxiously waiting to be fed!


P.S. This is my 200th post on this blog. Are there any articles that you have liked most? Posts on certain subjects which you have enjoyed? Let me know...leave me a comment!

6 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I find that the smallest ingredient, the seasoning, makes it so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked for favourite posts......

    L A U R E N ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I knew LAUREN would be amongst your favourites! She will continue to feature regularly..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good food, I like. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...