Friday, February 18, 2011

Chap Goh Meh (Part 1) @ Pahang Buddhist Association

Chap Goh Meh marks the end of the 2-week Chinese New Year celebrations. Last night we attended the event at the Pahang Buddhist Association in Kuantan. Part 1 takes you around the gardens and the scenes before the event started. I was able to capture some lovely pictures in the golden evening sun. Check it out:




The temple


The gardens













I'd be very happy if somebody could help me with translation here - just leave me a comment!

A sneak peak through the caterpillar-devoured leaves, to the stage





With the sun starting to fade I captured this image of the trees in silhouette

In a gentle breeze, a maintenance man adjusted the lights

A small crowd, (those few of us who had arrived ahead of time) were serenaded by the sounds of the men playing the instruments and the lady in the red dress who sang a beautiful Chinese song at the top of her voice for a good 10-15 minutes.



We met there, one of my newest students, Amanda, at right, accompanied by her friend, at left




Look out for Chap Goh Meh (Part 2) tomorrow, when the sun went down and the Pahang Buddhist Association became one illuminated fantasy.






6 comments:

  1. Hey Duncan,

    Great photos! Love the pic with your family and student :)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos, Duncan! In this gloomy day here, the trees in bloom are refreshing. I am waiting for the second part :)Greetings from Romania!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senorita, thanks for visiting, hope you enjoy many more returns in the future :)

    Travelling Hawk, part 2 is coming right up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there--what a lovely blog you have. I am the admin for Postcard Friendship Friday. Though I would love to have you as a part of our postcard celebration--I do not see a real postcard here.

    Postcard Friendship Friday is for people who love postcards, to share the postcards they love.

    Though your photography is magnificent, it is not appropriate for Postcard Friendship Friday. I am removing your link.

    You have a delightful blog here--I would love to see a postcard of your area. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beth,

    Due to the fact I only randomly came across the PFF blog, I didn't realise the terms. Sorry for the trouble.

    Thanks however, for visiting my blog and hope you'll come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I'm proud to be Malaysian. It shown variety of cultures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...