Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Princess Diana and Priorities


"panacea" - a remedy for all kinds of diseases or troubles.




Princess Diana


Princess Diana has been sorely missed since her tragic (perhaps conspired) death. This video of Elton John performing "Candle in the Wind" at her funeral says it all:



I remember the morning she died so well. I was coming downstairs from my bedroom and my mum had the TV on in tears telling me that Princess Diana had died - just didn't seem real at the time. Even to my young mind, it made a distinct impression.




Priorities

When tragedies happen we begin to think more carefully about our priorities. About what's really most important in life. But we shouldn't wait for calamities, sorrow or afflictions to besiege us. We can prioritize our life today, right now.

Effective planning and setting goals are essential in confirming our priorities. When done consistently, it can become a healthy habit and even a productive panacea.







How would you list these in order of importance? Here's how I do it:
1. family
2. money
3. health
4. blog
5. holiday






6 comments:

  1. It's amazing how clear I can remember the day Princess Di passed away. She really did make a huge impact during her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. family
    2. health
    3. holiday
    4. money
    5. blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the word 'blog' there. But it's so true. Thanks for the somber thought.

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Duncan! Princess Diana was a beautiful lady. I looked up to her as a child. Nice priority list! :)

    ~Melissa
    Reflections on Writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennee, Melissa, there is a vacant part of England which Diana's death has left.

    Elizabeth, I had to put 'blog' in the list! I laughed too...just to see how important our blogs really are!

    Bish, good-looking list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heard of her death over the radio and thought it was a rude joke.

    here you go.

    family
    health
    money
    holiday
    blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...