Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 3 with my parents in Kuantan

Yesterday we went out to East Coast Mall. My mum bought a new purse from Parkson. Whilst waiting Lauren chatted with her grandad for a while:



Grandad had his spectacles tightened so they don't fall off the bridge of his nose every time he looks down. He can actually see through them now! Lauren entertained her grandma this time:




On the way up to Carrefour to buy some food:




We also searched for some sarongs (kain batik) around Malay Town. My mum wants to buy some so she can make cushions out of them. We found a nice purple one and the girls working at the shop couldn't stop telling Lauren how cute she was! Here's a picture of them all:





Later in the evening we took my parents to the night market (pasar malam) just down the road. We bought a load of sugar cane (air tebu), my favourite! And I do like to play with the remaining ice:





We also bought a kilo of rambutan for RM6 (just over one pound sterling). They are funny little hairy balls with a sweet fruit under the skin:

Apologies for the poor quality of this picture!


After dinner of mashed potato with sweet potato (yam) I took a few portrait pictures of us. I used the "soft skin" mode on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-F2 but I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the skin tone in these pictures:



























4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Duncan! Your family looks very happy - it's really nice to see all those magical smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you had a lot of fun, Duncan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun time.

    Making cushion covers out of Sarongs is a great idea!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, it's always great to smile. Having a great time, and lots of fun between Lauren and her grandparents, Traveling Hawk. Misha, my mum is usually full of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...