Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our home in Bukit Sekilau, Kuantan

Here are a few pictures of our home in Bukit Sekilau, Kuantan. We have been living in this apartment block for over 5 years now. We have experienced a few water and power cuts, a blocked water pipe, a minor flood in our house, locked ourselves out, and a robbery. But, we are very settled now, those problems are in the past, they don't occur too frequently any more (we've never been robbed or had blocked water pipes or flooding again, and we haven't locked ourselves out!). There is the occasional water cut or 'black-out' but that's about it.

We have some good neighbours around us, we live in a relatively quiet place (as opposed to the bustling Kuala Lumpur where everything is busy, and Singapore where staying with my friend we could hear the MRT trains passing by every 6 minutes or so up until midnight and at the crack of dawn in the morning!).

Bukit Sekilau is a beautiful little area of Kuantan with its vast array of delights, as I've previously discussed. Here are a few views of our apartment block and surrounding area.


The view from my bedroom window


View of the apartments opposite, from our balcony


Looking to the right, from our balcony


The sun rises each morning over the hill in the background, as seen from my tuition room window


Sunlight bounces off the parked cars as sunset nears over the hills to the left


The setting sun leaves light and shadows across the apartment block


A bunga kertas tree decorates the area





A grass weed sways in the breeze


Fallen leaves lay strewn on the badminton courts opposite my apartment block











8 comments:

  1. Lovely to have that little tour of the area round your apartment block, Duncan. Thank goodness you don't have the trains going by all the time, and I'm glad that it's fairly quiet for you and your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, Duncan. But I like pictures 5 & 6 for the ambience that comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Thisisme, I was worried as to whether this would be a little boring as a blog post!

    ordinary malaysian, I like number 5 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Duncan; the 3rd and 6th are my favourites. By the way, I know I'm a little late, but congratulations on your new baby girl Leah. She's absolutely beautiful.

    Ninja-ing my way through life

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting and full of colors neighbourhood, Duncan! I like that treee and the way the benches surround it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, as they say, "better late than never!" Thank you, we love her so much :)

    Traveling Hawk, you are a top 'commenter' here! Thank you for your continued support :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very nice and quiet place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Thomas, it is very quiet at night, b ut quite busy during the daytime

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...