Sunday, January 5, 2014

Top 20 Photos of 2013 - #16

#16


The KL Tower with quite a different foreground. I snapped this photo whilst visiting the National Mosque (Masjid Negara) in Kuala Lumpur. I had planned to go inside and admire the interior of the mosque but unfortunately the queue was lengthy and moving slow and time was not so free. So instead I walked around the grounds and took some photos of the exterior and surroundings. (One of these shots became my favourite of the whole year, but more on that later!) Whilst standing in the upper courtyard, I caught a glimpse of the KL Tower behind the hedges and trees. Back home I cropped the photo to bring more of a focus onto the man-made and the natural - the tower and the trees. While Malaysia continues to grow and become more advanced, I sincerely hope that it retains nature and allows the greenery to flourish.



9 comments:

  1. I really like the expanse and detail in this photo, Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot of contrasts with architecture and nature, stone and vegetation... blue skies above.

    Very nice,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast was the first thing I noticed as well. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to KL tower again babe! Hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and beautiful tower , nice photo !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful darling green and lush.
    I've said it before but will say it again.
    You have soo much beautiful buildings down there.
    Excited to see what comes out more on this building.
    Byggnade or tower in the background has a similar style as the lipstick in Gothenburg solid colors differ.
    Kramizzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good detail in this image Duncan. Happy New Year to you and yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very interesting composition of shapes and heights Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot. I hope the next time you come to KL, we can meet. It would be lovely to get to know you in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...